There are a few working conditions that require extra attention:
• You come into contact with poisonous materials
• You work somewhere where you might contract an infection
• You work irregular hours (such as nightshift)
• Your work is physically tasking
• You have unhealthy stress (when you can’t recover from work pressure)
• You work in an environment with radiation, noise, increased barometric pressure, body trembling, extreme heat or cold
If you doubt whether or not your work place is safe for your pregnancy and the health of your child, ask us or your company doctor for advice. Together with you we can decide if you need extra protection. For more informatie go to the website from FNV.
Also think about what would be a good time for you to go on maternity leave. You have to stop working 4 weeks before your due date, but for a lot of pregnant women it is better to already stop at 6 weeks before their due date.
Mothers for mothers
For more information you can visit www.moedersvoormoeders.nl. (Dutch)