Generally, you can wait for the spontaneous end of the miscarriage. The miscarriage will usually start a few days after the initial blood loss. Sometimes it takes longer, even weeks.
Advantages of waiting;
- It provides a spontaneous miscarriage with a more natural path.
- The grief can be experienced at home.
- Possible complications as a result of curettage can be avoided.
Disadvantages of waiting;
- It can be emotionally tasking. Discuss with us how long you want to wait.
- Sometimes people find it scary to experience a spontaneous miscarriage at home.
- As a result of a large amount of blood loss, pain or an incomplete miscarriage it might still be necessary to resort to curettage.